Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hello and Welcome

Hi there. I'm Kate. From a young age, I've been a fashion prodigy.

Don't lie. You're jealous of the Minnie Mouse sunglasses.
KIDDING. Although I'd love to dig up those sunglasses and wear them if they still fit on my face.

I am a 20-something living as writer in Lima, Ohio. I was born and raised near Pittsburgh. The town where I currently live, (Lima, pronounced like the bean, not the Peruvian capital), is without any major college population or even a Target nearby, and it's a pretty drastic change for me.

This is more what I look like now:

FYI: I have a scarf addiction.

I can't say small town living the worst possible thing ever for a 20-something, but it's difficult at times. The vast majority of my friends are spread throughout the country. Even the closest ones are at home, nearly 250 miles away. However, I do have some great things going to for me. My fiance, Mark, lives with me. He's my rock and my best friend that gets me through tough days. And of course, I have a killer job, writing general assignment and health stories for the local newspaper. Despite deadline pressure, I meet awesome new people everyday and talk to them and write about them for a living. It's a pretty sweet gig. Oh yeah. I'm also planning a wedding for this fall. :)

So here, I want to expand those positive attributes in my life. With my free time, I want to dedicate this blog to making lemonade from lemons. (In this case, making an awesome project happen, Limanade, despite living in Lima, Ohio. Catchy, right?)

Here's to doing all the things I put off doing because I told myself I didn't have time: scanning old photos for a digital scrapbooking project, getting more inspirational with my cooking (which I already do sometimes via The Pittsburgh Kitchen), and being more creative with my style (something I've been trying to do on and off since high school). My biggest fashion inspirations probably come from Modcloth and thrift stores.

As I progress, I'll post stories and photos to keep myself motivated, and maybe even inspire others, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment