Friday, May 31, 2013

Welcome to the jungle


So, I'm not gonna lie. I think I tried an outfit that was a little different for me this time around. I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone. But I think I finally found a satisfactory outfit with a denim vest without looking like a total dweeb and/or soccer mom. I did a little photo shoot in front of Mark's parents' house on Memorial Day, right before heading back to Ohio.



Denim vest: Thrifted, for $3; Maxi Dress: H&M, on their new eco-conscious line, for $20; Tie-dyed headscarf: Culture Shop (Pittsburgh, old); Sunglasses: vintage.

And surprise! My inspiration came from Modcloth (link here):



When I saw vests were coming back, I really wasn't sure how I felt about it. I mean, really? Are we that damn nostalgic for the 90s already? But then when I saw one at a thrift store in Dayton that fit perfectly, I figured, why not? I mean, it isn't like I'm spending $35 for a fad, at least. It was three bucks. I think the Modcloth model struck the perfect balance with edgy and sweet, without looking frumpy and outdated. Best of all: it was so, so comfy for the ride home. Just breezy and loose and wonderful. I think the vest dressed it down just enough.

Oh yeah, did I mention I almost didn't get the maxi dress, either? I wasn't sure where I could wear it. But just a few nights before, I wore it to a wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment