Thursday, May 2, 2013

Work & Play


Yay! I'm so excited about this skirt. I bought it half price during a Black Friday sale several months ago, but finally got the chance to wear it out for the first time now. I love it! So perfect for a lovely spring day, and it's long enough to wear at the office.

I had a half day at work today, so I just paired it with an old black scoop neck/square cut shirt in my closet and off to work I went! When I came home, I needed to get some other work done at a coffee shop. I really didn't want to take the skirt off, so I paired it with a Love Pittsburgh tee I just ordered, (as if my undying love for the city wasn't obvious enough) switched out the shoes and spent the afternoon in front of my laptop, sipping on some iced coffee. :)

For the work outfit, I think it would've been great to have a braided seed bead necklace, maybe a turquoise one for a bit of color pop. But alas, I didn't have one. Boo.

PS, Please excuse the pumpkin seeds on the deck from last fall we haven't gotten around to cleaning up. HA.



Outfits: Skirt - Modcloth, on sale for $27ish
Outfit on left: Scoop Neck Top, TJ Maxx; ballet flats - Toms, a Christmas gift.
Outfit on right: Tee - bought online here, Shoes - Modcloth from a few years ago (similar), sunglasses - vintage.

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Modcloth's Style Gallery (I'm perhaps a little obsessed). Anyhow, when I saw you lived in Ohio, just wanted to comment and say hi! We just moved to Indiana from Dayton but I love reading from bloggers in the same(ish) area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! Thanks for the comment. Since I just started this blog, I swear it just feels like I'm talking to myself most of the time. Ha. I love looking at bloggers that are localish, too. Let me know if you have one and I'll check it out. :)

      Delete